The Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023 introduces India’s own Data Protection regime. With GDPR and other Data Protection regimes like Singapore, USA, and the Middle East already being in vogue amongst multinational companies in India, identifying the delta and helping companies do what is necessary to bridge the gap becomes an important exercise. The Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023 requires all companies in India to adhere to its norms. With fines in excess of INR 250 Crores, compliance with the Act becomes a must and entails having the right policies, practices, technological framework, and trained personnel in place.
The Digital Personal Data Protection Act of 2023 governs the processing of digital personal data, respecting both individuals’ right to safeguard their personal information and the legitimate need for lawful data processing. The Act places significant responsibilities on companies, mandating careful handling of two distinct types of personal data: employee data and third-party data. Compliance necessitates fundamental shifts in policies and procedures for organisations of all sizes.
Why does your Organisation require Data Privacy Compliance Program?
- Adherence to data protection regulations
- Demonstrates commitment to safeguarding data of stakeholders
- Reduces the risk of data breaches and unauthorised access
- Upholds ethical standards in handling sensitive information
BCPA’s Data Privacy Compliance Program Services
How is this conducted?
We have an array of refined strategies to undertake this task. These encompass:
- Current State Assessment: We reviewing comprehensive data management practices, encompassing acquisition, classification, sharing, processing, storage, protection, and access control measures, both internally and externally, including cross-border considerations and threat mitigation.
- Delta Identification (Gap Analysis): We identify gaps or disparities between existing practices and the requirements of the new law. This involves applying the new law to current practices.
- Recommendations for Implementation: We suggest a risk-based approach to suggest changes needed for compliance. We prioritise immediate changes versus those that can be phased in.
- Post-Implementation Compliance Audit: We conduct a compliance audit after the company implements the recommendations. This thorough assessment ensures adherence to the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023.
Our Data Privacy Compliance Program helps organisations of all sizes understand the nuances and requirements of the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023 and its implementation in both letter and spirit. This comprehensive program helps ensure compliance, leveraging in depth legal expertise and technological knowledge and over 60 years of management knowhow.